Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Where to startEdit
Helping the learning processEdit
During the Spanglish tutorial
- Practise. The more you practise, the easier Spanglish will become!
- Think about what you have learnt
- Remember that you can always go back over the lesson to refresh your memory
- Use the glossary and word list whenever you like
- Look out for Latin phrases in use today - some are discussed during the lessons
- Look for similarities and links between Spanglish words and their English meaning.
What is a verb?Edit
A verb is a word that describes an action. Verbs are often called ‘doing’ words. Examples of verbs: to work, to call, to pray, to be, to think.
First conjugation verbsEdit
Verbs are divided into groups called conjugations. You can recognise first conjugation verbs as they end ‘are’.
These are examples of first conjugation verbs
To conjugate, or list the parts, of first conjugation verbs
- Remove the last vowel if there are no Consonants, if there is one just add these to the ending.
- Add these endings
- In the third row is what goes in front of the words
Look at our example of Confirma
|Spanglish||Means in English|
él Confrima, Ela confirma, ep confirma
|Nos Confirmamos||we confirm|
|Utis confirma||you confirm|
|Elos confirmman||they confirm|