Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the Conlang Wiki
Umbrean is a highly inflectional language and semi-polysynthetic as very simple sentences are possible to render into a single word. Most word clases are inflected in accordance to something to represent their meaning and position.
Quai'op is an analytical language isolate spoken in East Asia in Taiwan and the Philippines, with origins unknown, but possibly Chinese. Its vocabulary, for the most part, is unique, but some grammar traits entered the language from Min Chinese and Tagalog. It is unique in that common contractions tend to form new words, and thus, for example, a case-like system exists for nouns, although truly not all nouns carry any of these cases at all, besides the nominative. Being an isolating language, the word order is only flexible within certain boundaries, but the amount that can be expressed precisely exceeds that of English. In addition, there is a large number of aspectual particles to tell what time of the day something took place, and a large amount of evidentialities to tell where a speaker took his or her information. The language heavily use glottalization, and a strict timing exists. The language would be moderately difficult for an English speaker to learn and pronounce, but the grammar is simple enough not to have to learn it, immediately beginning with vocabulary.
Creating a language
Want to create a language? It can take a lot of work to make it presentable, but the results can be amazing. To make your own, decide what sounds you want, create words, and hold it all together with a grammar. (Not necessarily in that order.)
- Decide the phonology (sounds in the language)
- What sounds are meaning changing? English: B/P is (bat and pat) and in korean p and ph is (put/phut) while b and p is the same
- What sounds correspond to the same meaning? Many see the and de as the same and free and three when it comes to pronounciation
- Decide on phonotactics; which consonants go togather and which don't? In English you can say "Spanish," but in Spanish the letter S cannot begin a word when followed by a consonant so it becomes "Espanish." Can you have consonants at the end of syllables? Not in Hawai'ian.
- Create words and/or roots
- If you're also creating a conculture, think of what's important to them. There will probably be many words about it.
- How are roots derived? Semitic languages get the word for 'read' from 'blood.'
- Construct a grammar, how is it all put together in a flow? (May be done at the end)
- Is it agglutinating, isolating, fusional or polysynthetic
- If not isolating, what is its morphosyntactic alignment?
- Is it heavily inflected?
- Are verbs conjugated?
- Do the nouns decline?
- Are there different voices? moods? aspects? tenses (can be more than past, present, future)?
- Does it have nouns? adjectives? verbs? adverbs? particles? articles?
- How are things expressed? (English: "I am eating" and "I eat" is the same in spanish and swedish)
Use the input text below to start the creation of your language.
See also: New conlangs
Expanding your language
After you have created an extended dictionary of your language, you can start the building of a constructed culture. Your constructed culture can include its own myths and legends, poems, religions, tales, etc... they all written in your new language. You have to build a very good dictionary if you want to start a good conculture!
See also: Constructed Mythology
Some constructed languages are based on Conworld-wiki worlds. You can find them on List of Conworld-based Conlangs
- Conlang terminology
- List of conlangs
- List of derivation methods
- List of self-segregating morphology methods
- Language tools
|Visite a Wikia em língua Portuguesa Conlang! (Portuguese)||Visita il Wikia in lingua italiana sulla Conlang! (Italian)||Odwiedź polską Wikię o nazwie Conlang! (Polish)||Besøk den nynorske Wikiaen om Conlang! (Norwegian)||Vieraile Suomenkielisessä Wikian wikissä Conlang! (Finnish)|
|Fiction Wikia Friends|