- ankle - þe Ankel, þie Ankeln
- anus - þe Arsgang
- arm - þe Arm, þie Arme
- radius - þe Hresel, þie Hreseln
- ulna - þie Eln, þie Elne
- armpit - þie Oxne, þie Oxnen
- back - þe Hrycg, þie Hrycge
- bone - þat Baan, þie Baane
- bosom - þe Bosm, þie Bosme
- breast/s - þat Brest, þie Breste
- chest - þe Hreðer, þie Hreðern
- breast - þat Brest, þie Breste
- teat - þie Delle, þie Dellen; þie Mamme, þie Mammen
- buttock - þe Ars, þie Ærse
- calf/shin - þe Scanke, þie Scanken
- cheek - þat Wange, þie Wangen
- chin - þie Cinn, þie Cinne
- diaphragm - þat Middhriðre, þie Middhriðren
- ear - þat Eare, þie Earen
- elbow - þe Elnboge, þie Elnbogen
- eye - þat Eage, þie Eagen
- eyebrow - þie Eagenbruge, þie Eagenbrugen
- eyelash -
- eyelid - þie Eagenbreage, þie Eagenbreagen
- face - þie Ansien, þie Ansiene; þe Andwlite, þie Andwliten
- finger - þe Finger, þie Fingern
- fingernail - þe Fingernæȝl, þie Fingernæȝle
- index finger
- foot - þe Fot, þie Fœt
- hair - þat Hær, þie Hære; þat Fax, þie Fæxe
- hand - þie Hand, þie Hande
- heel - þie Fiersn, þie Fiersne; þe Hele, þie Helen
- hip - þe Hype, þie Hypen
- joint - þe Liþþ, þie Liþþe
- knee - þat Knee, þie Kneen
- knuckle - þe Knukel, þie Knukeln
- limb - þat Limm, þie Limme;
- lip - þie Lippe, þie Lippen
- lung - þie Lunge, þie Lungen
- midriff - þe Middhriff, þie Middhriffe
- mouth - Muþ, Muðe
- nose - þie Nose, þie Nosen; þat Nebb, -e
- shoulder - þe Sculder, -n
- stomach - Mawe, -n; Buuk, Buke
- stomach, belly
- thigh - þat Þeoh, þie Þeoge
- thumb - þe Þume, þie Þumen
- toe - þie Ta, þie Tan
- tooth - þe Toþ, þie Tœþ
- canine - Tuscel
- incisor - Cinntoþ
- premolar - Ærkwerntoþ
- molar - Kwerntoþ
- tongue - þie Tunge, þie Tungen
- wrist - þie Wyrst, þie Wyrste
| English || Englisc
| You see with your eyes. || Man siehþ mid þen Eaȝen.
| I see with my eyes. || Ic see mid þen Eaȝen.
| We see with our eyes. || Wiȝ seeþ mid þen Eaȝen.
| You write with your hand. || Man wreiteþ mid þer Hand.
| I write with my hand. || Ic wreite mid þer Hand.
| We write with our hand. || Wiȝ wreiteþ mid þer Hand.
| You speak with your mouth. || Man sprikþ mid þem Muþ.
| I speak with my mouth. || Ic spreke mid þem Muþ.
| We speak with our hand. || Wiȝ sprekeþ mid þem Muþ.
| You hear with your ears. || Man hierþ mid þen Earen.
| He hears with his ears. || He hierþ mid þen Earen.
| You smell with your nose. || Man gestinkþ mid þer Nose.
| You smell with your nose. || Þu gestinkst mid þer Nose.
| You chew with your teeth. || Man ciewþ mid þen Tœðen.
Questions and AnswersEdit
| English || Englisc
| Q: What color are her eyes? || F: Hwilce Farbe habeþ here Eaȝen?
| A: Her eyes are blue. || A: Here Eaȝen sind blu.
| A: She has green eyes. || Scie hafþ grœne Eaȝen.
| Q: What color is his hair? || F: Hwilce Farbe hafþ sein Hær?
| A: His hair is brown. || A: Sein Hær is brun.
| A: He has brown hair. || A: He hafþ brun Hær.
The dative reflexive is used instead of the possessive with identified body parts; when you are doing something to yourself, use the accusative reflexive.
- I'm washing myself: Ic þwage mic
- I'm shaving: Ic scafe mic
- I'm shaving my face: Ic scafe miȝ þie Andwlite
- I'm washing my face: Ic þwage miȝ þat Nebb
- You wash your hands: Þu þwægst þiȝ þie Hande
- I dress myself: Ic scryde mic
- I'll comb my hair: Ic werðe miȝ þie Hære kæmben.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.