Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| PaPAneta |
|Nouns decline according to...|
|Verbs conjugate according to...|
PaPAneta is a work-in-progress conlang
Classification and DialectsEdit
The syllable structure is strictly CV. Unlike in other languages, /ʔ/ is considered a proper consonant.
PaPAneta has a very minimalistic alphabet. It uses four distinct letters only:
- White sign (transcribed “░” or “A”)
- Light sign (transcribed “▒” or “B”)
- Dark sign (transcribed “▓” or “C”)
- Black sign (transcribed “█” or “D”)
Standard text is often written using shades of gray but other colors (or symbols) can be used too, as long as it’s clear which is which.
PaPAneta is usually written left-to-right (rows read from top to bottom), but top-to-bottom direction is also allowed (with columns being read from left to right).
|Consonant followed by D (█)||s||f||k||j|
|Vowel followed by D (█)||e||a||u||o|
Pairs of consecutive letters make syllables, the first letter of each syllable is a consonant, the second one is a vowel.
AA pronunciation Edit
PaPAneta words don’t have spaces between them. Instead of that, every PaPAneta word is preceded by a “AA” syllable (Every “AA” syllable works as a space). Additionally an extra “AA” marks the beginning of a sentence.
Since pronuncing every single “AA” (/ʔə/) would sound weird and redundant, “AA” can be left completly silent. However, there are some cases where “AA” is always pronounced:
- When the word itself is monosyllabic (e.g. AABD pronounced: /’ʔəfu/ meaning: one)
- When the word itself starts with “D”. (e.g. AADBDDAD pronounced: /’ʔenajuʔu/ meaning: cat)
- In words with the preceding “AA” pronounced (see above), the primary stress falls on that “AA”. (e.g. AACD pronounced: /’ʔəku/ meaning: two)
- Otherwise, it’s on the syllable right after the “AA” (e.g. CCAD pronounced: /ta’su/ meaning: human, person)
- Sentence: ░░░░███▓░░░▓█▒▒▒░░░▓▓░▒▓░░░█▒▓
- Transcription: AAAADDDCAAACDBBBAAACCABCAAADBC
- Pronunciation: /’ʔejona ʔu’nepe ʔa’təpa su’pa/
- Translation: I am happy.”/”I am feeling good.
- Literally: I am a user of a feeling of good.
- https://papaneta.wordpress.com/ (official PaPAneta blog)