|Nouns decline according to...|
|Verbs conjugate according to...|
Resnish is a Germanic conlang. Most of my work goes here but this page will be kept up to date.
The Resnish Language is my attempt at making a somewhat unconvuluted (as in there aren't 56,391 cases), constant, yet also reasonably complex language. It is fusional, has a mostly Germanic vocabulary (but many words are derived different than how other Germanic languages do so).
- It has a high amount of word-fusing and who doesn't like that? Every class in Resnish save for pronouns is an open class, which means even adverbs and prepositions are subject to making new words.
- Each noun has a functional potential augmentive and diminutive form, which can in some cases completely change the meaning.
- Verbs get a high amount of prefixes such as "ga-", "lë-", "be-", etc. which each change the function of verbs by making it passive, causative or the like.
- Adjectives do not decline to match the noun, but they can be inflected, or also fitted with prefixes to change the precise meaning.
The alphabet of resnish has 27 letters. Its 5 vowels each have umlauted counterparts, and resnish lacks the letters q, v, x, and y.
Here is the full alphabet:
Some diagraphs are also common:
|Resnish Diagraph||IPA||English Example|
Nouns inflect to the nominative, accusative, dative, genitive, instrumental, and locative cases. They also have 3 numbers, singular, pausal (a few), and plural (many). Each of the three genders decline in different ways.
The cases are used in the following way:
- Nominative is the subject
- Accusative is the direct object or the object of movement verbs
- Dative is the indirect object and comes after many non locative prepositions
- Genitive shows ownership and usually requires another noun to attach to
- Instrumental is used for showing with what the action was done. It can also be used as a causal case
- Locative shows where something is and all locational prepositions use it, unless movement is shown, in that case accusative is used.
|Masculine (de Maner/man)||Maner||Manere||Manern||Maners||Manerm||Manerum|
|Neutral (de Wate/water)||Wate||Waten||Watene||Wates||Watem||Wateum|
|Feminine (de Fruin/woman)||Fruin||Fruine||Fruinen||Fruins||Fruinem||Fruinum|
note: porting this to this site is WIP. it is however finished here.
Resnish has more than 1000 words, most of which are derived from a very tiny section of roots. A full dictionary can be found here, and here are a few important words.
1st UDHR Article
|Ärez Menscez gaberen lïber än klisc, Wertheum än Rïsctesum. Ïnz hawen Fornufen än Tängen änso scolen ïnz enandren brütherik ochten.||All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.|
The Lord's Prayer
|Osene Föther, Himleum.
Therfeth jene Name gawären.
Therfeth jene Kïnerslane komen.
Therfeth jene Wüle gatären, Ärtheum än Himleum.
Kïwt onse osenen Takesproten.
Än forkïwt ons osenens Sculens, wïr onse selwene.
Än lätet ons nit zon Wülen, dök forlïbert ons.
Wäl de Kïnerslane jïl is, de Makte, de Sïke.
|Our Father in heaven,
May your name be honored.
May your kingdom come.
May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread;
And forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory