Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Auxiliary Verbs and Example SentencesEdit
Wyll is used to make a non-past verb into future tense. It can also be used in combination with other auxiliary verbs, and is always used first.
- Y wyll sammve stejner.
- [ʏ ʋʏl sɑɱːʊ sd̥ɪjnɐ.]
- We will collect stones.
- Æj wyll iþþe ilsge fyr håm.
- [ɛj ʋʏl iθːʊ ilɹ̠̊˔ʊ fʏɐ̯ hɔm.]
- I will be loved by her.
- Æj wyll a grude mæselve te sœmva.
- [ɛj ʋʏl ɑ ɡ̊ʁud̥ʊ mɛsɪlʋʊ tʰʊ sœɱɑ.]
- I will have cried myself to sleep.
The verb iþer is the equivalent of English "to be" and is used as an auxiliary to express the passive voice when used with the participle form of a verb.
- Æj liþþe inge iþer slæwe.
- [ɛj liθːʊ iŋʊ iθɐ slɛʋʊ.]
- I do not like to be hit.
- Æj iþþe slæwe fyr sårg.
- [ɛj iθːʊ slɛʋʊ fʏɐ̯ sɔɐ̯.]
- I am struck with grief.
- Hån wyll iþþe skrege fyr hæm.
- [hɔn ʋʏl iθːʊ sɡ̊ʁɪɡ̊ʊ fʏɐ̯ hɛm.]
- She will be startled by him.
- Hunte var gjele fyr fjœskjelde.
- [huntʊ ʋɑɐ̯ ɡ̊jɪlʊ fʏɐ̯ fjœsɡ̊jɪld̥ʊ]
- The dog was pet by the family.
Ar translates to "to have" or "to possess" but can also be used before a verb to make it perfect.
- Æj vonne ar klære þig.
- [ɛj ʋɒnːʊ ɑɐ̯ kʰlɛʁʊ θi.]
- I hope to have finished it.
- Þy aleredeg a lybe e deg.
- [θʏ ɑlɪʁɪd̥ɪ ɑ lʏb̥ʊ ɪ d̥ɪ.]
- They have run today
- Saðra wyll a kjyre te þag.
- [sɑːʁɑ ʋʏl ɑ c͡çʏʁʊ tʰʊ θɑ.]
- Sara will have driven there.
- Kinnariðe aþ kejne þenneg.
- [kʰinːɑʁiːʊ ɑθ kɪjnʊ θɪnːɪ.]
- The teacher had taught this.